A painting project at your commercial business can be a hectic time. You are probably going to keep your business open while the painters are there, but what can you do to mitigate any disruptions and keep them at a minimum? Preparing for our commercial painting contractors and a visit to your Eagan business is pretty simple. Here are a few suggestions on what to do.
Know what colors you want
While we will discuss your commercial painting project with you at length before we begin our work, please make sure the colors you want us to use are finalized before our commercial painting contractors arrive to start their work. This includes paint colors for trim and other parts of your building’s exterior.
Give your employees a heads up in advance
As soon as you know when our commercial painting contractors will arrive to start the work, make sure your employees know. You might even consider posting a sign on your business’ front doors to make customers aware that commercial painting contractors will be there doing their work. That way, everyone is in the know about what is going on and when.
Move fragile items and cover up landscaping
While our commercial painting contractors always do their best to make sure nothing gets damaged while they are doing their work, accidents do happen. If you have any fragile items outdoors near where they will be working, make sure you relocate those items so nothing is accidentally broken. Landscaping should also be covered up to prevent paint from inadvertently dripping onto plants and causing harm.
Make sure we have clear access to where we will be painting
If you have a specific spot where we should park our work van, please let us know. And please make sure there are no obstacles between where we park and where we will be working. Our team of professional commercial painting contractors will have equipment that they will need to carry back and forth between the job site and their work truck. A clear path will make this easier and could help your painting project go a bit faster.
Our team knows how to work carefully but efficiently to make sure we do not disrupt your business any more than we have to. With a little help from you, those disruptions will be kept to a minimum and we will have your business’ exterior looking as good as new in no time!
Are you interested in learning more about commercial painting contractors in Eagan? Call Durapro Painting at 612-442-2177 or contact us for a Free Estimate.
If you are thinking that the exterior of your business needs some sprucing up, your first instinct might be to grab a paint brush, some paint and start painting it on your own. But did you know that a professional exterior commercial painting company can help you avoid a lot of hassle and potential pitfalls that can come with trying to do this type of project yourself? Durapro Painting offers expert exterior commercial painting in St Paul and the surrounding areas, and we can think of several different reasons you should contact us for help.
For one thing, the exterior of your business is the first thing that potential and current customers see when they come to you. So you always want to be sure the exterior looks its best.
Hiring a professional exterior commercial painting company means that you don’t have to worry that the paint has gone on unevenly or that you missed a few spots. You don’t have to worry that the trim will not be painted properly. And you won’t even have to worry about injuring yourself if you are unsteady on a ladder or afraid of heights!
If you have never painted the exterior of a building, it can be a much different process than painting the inside. There are some other factors that need to be considered when starting an exterior commercial painting project.
For one thing, preparing the surface of the walls can be a bit more complicated since they are exposed to the weather and other outdoor elements. But the team here has the tools and know-how to clean the walls before the painting process begins. And they also know how to patch holes and take care of anything else that should be done before the paint is applied.
Finally, our team knows how to properly apply the paint. There has to be just the right amount of paint on the brushes, rollers or whatever method you are using to apply the paint to the walls. Our crew knows exactly how much paint to apply for optimal exterior commercial painting results.
These are just a few reasons we can think of to hire our exterior commercial painting team! Contact us and we can tell you even more.
Would you like more information on professional exterior commercial painting in St Paul and the surrounding areas? Call Durapro Painting at 612-442-2177 or contact us to get a Free Estimate.
So you have scheduled us to come to your home for professional exterior house painting! Eagan homeowners have trusted us for years to make the outside of their homes look great and to add curb appeal. While we will handle all of the painting work, there are a few things you can do to help prepare for our visit for your exterior house painting project. Here are a few suggestions:
- If you have any shrubs, bushes or other plants that are growing near your home, please trim back the branches or growth if you can. This makes it easier for us to access your home’s siding, trim and other parts that we will need to primer and paint.
- Please let us know if there is a specific place where we should put our equipment. We want to make sure we do not inadvertently damage any of your plants, landscaping or outdoor decorations, and we also want to be sure we do not disrupt any more of your normal routine than what is absolutely necessary.
- Make sure any small children at your home know that we will be there for your exterior house painting project. Please make sure they know not to touch any of our tools or equipment.
- If you have any pets that are outdoors, please make sure they are kept away from where we will be painting. This helps ensure everyone’s safety.
- If you are having other work done to your home at the same time that we will be there, let us know. And we can try to help you coordinate schedules and times so we are there when it is convenient for you.
- Make sure you have your paint colors finalized for your home and the trim.
- If we need to park our work trucks in a specific location, please let us know that as well. It is easier and facilitates a faster exterior house painting job if we can park our work truck as close to your home as possible: in your driveway or along the street near your home.
- If you have any questions or concerns before, during or after your exterior house painting project, please do not hesitate to ask.
Are you interested in getting more information on exterior house painting in Eagan? Call us at Durapro Painting at 612-442-2177 , or you can contact us to set up your Free Estimate.
Painting a room can be a daunting task, especially if you’ve never done it before. As residential painting contractors in Woodbury, we understand just how big of a task it can be. While we recommend using contractors like us any time you want to paint a room in your home or your home’s exterior, we thought we would share some of our best painting tips with you anyway.
- The biggest lesson we have learned over the years as residential painting contractors is the importance of preparing the surface for paint. This includes patching any holes, replacing any drywall that needs it and making sure to apply a coat of primer to the walls.
- The reasons primer is so important? The biggest reason is because it helps the paint adhere to the wall better. The paint will go on smoother, and the walls will look better when all is said and done. Plus, it can help when you are painting a wall that has already been painted before, especially if the old paint is a bright color and you are repainting with a color that is not as bright. Primer can also help decrease the chance that the paint will blister or peel.
- Invest in some canvas drop clothes. They are better than the plastic ones because they are more durable and they will absorb any paint that spills, which decreases the hazard of slipping when you are painting the room.
- For the parts of the wall that are out of reach, as well as the ceiling, get rollers with extension rods. This will help you save time and energy when it comes to climbing up and down a ladder, plus they are safer than a ladder.
- Instead of using the paint right out of the bucket, get a paint grid and attach it to the bucket. It makes getting the paint on your brush or roller easier, and it is also easier to clean up when you are done painting. Residential painting contractors like us find paint grids easy to use and far less messy than trays or other tools like that.
- While it might seem more time consuming, make sure you take the time to do the cutting first and then painting within those lines. That will help ensure that the paint goes on evenly and that you don’t miss any spots.
Would you like more information about residential painting contractors in Woodbury? Call Durapro Painting at 612-442-2177 or contact us for a Free Estimate.
When it comes to painting your home, it’s important to remember that you can’t hire just anyone. You need to do some research to make sure you hire the best company for the job. And even then, there are still several questions you need to ask any painting contractors you are thinking of hiring. As painting contractors in the Twin Cities, we have fielded a lot of different questions over the years. Here are a few examples of the ones we hear the most often, as well as a few tips on what to look for when choosing a painting company to work on your home.
- How long will the job take? The answer to this mostly depends on the scope of your project. One or two smaller rooms in your home will only take our painting contractors a few hours at the most. But if you hire our painting contractors to paint your home’s entire exterior, then the project could take a few days.
- Will you clean and prime the walls before you paint them? Will you patch them too? Yes. Depending on the state of your walls, we will patch any holes as needed, and we always put on a coat of primer before we begin painting. We find that primer helps the color adhere to the wall better, and it also helps the true color of the paint come through.
- Do you clean up the job site after you are done? Yes, we will always clean up after ourselves when we are done working, even if we are coming back the next day to finish or complete your painting project.
- Do you have references or a portfolio? Yes, we can provide references upon request, and you can view a gallery of other jobs we have completed. The gallery is on our website, and you can browse pictures of interiors and exteriors that we have painted in the past.
- What sets your painting contractors apart from the competition? The biggest aspect of our painting services that sets us apart from everyone else is our attention to detail. We do not cut corners, and we will never rush through our work just to get the job done to move onto the next. Every job we take on, no matter how big or how small, gets the same amount of attention and care.
Would you like to learn more about our painting contractors in the Twin Cities? Call Durapro Painting at 612-442-2177 or get a Free Estimate.