So you have scheduled us to come to your home for professional exterior house painting! Eagan homeowners have trusted us for years to make the outside of their homes look great and to add curb appeal. While we will handle all of the painting work, there are a few things you can do to help prepare for our visit for your exterior house painting project. Here are a few suggestions:
- If you have any shrubs, bushes or other plants that are growing near your home, please trim back the branches or growth if you can. This makes it easier for us to access your home’s siding, trim and other parts that we will need to primer and paint.
- Please let us know if there is a specific place where we should put our equipment. We want to make sure we do not inadvertently damage any of your plants, landscaping or outdoor decorations, and we also want to be sure we do not disrupt any more of your normal routine than what is absolutely necessary.
- Make sure any small children at your home know that we will be there for your exterior house painting project. Please make sure they know not to touch any of our tools or equipment.
- If you have any pets that are outdoors, please make sure they are kept away from where we will be painting. This helps ensure everyone’s safety.
- If you are having other work done to your home at the same time that we will be there, let us know. And we can try to help you coordinate schedules and times so we are there when it is convenient for you.
- Make sure you have your paint colors finalized for your home and the trim.
- If we need to park our work trucks in a specific location, please let us know that as well. It is easier and facilitates a faster exterior house painting job if we can park our work truck as close to your home as possible: in your driveway or along the street near your home.
- If you have any questions or concerns before, during or after your exterior house painting project, please do not hesitate to ask.
Are you interested in getting more information on exterior house painting in Eagan? Call us at Durapro Painting at 612-442-2177 , or you can contact us to set up your Free Estimate.
Painting a room can be a daunting task, especially if you’ve never done it before. As residential painting contractors in Woodbury, we understand just how big of a task it can be. While we recommend using contractors like us any time you want to paint a room in your home or your home’s exterior, we thought we would share some of our best painting tips with you anyway.
- The biggest lesson we have learned over the years as residential painting contractors is the importance of preparing the surface for paint. This includes patching any holes, replacing any drywall that needs it and making sure to apply a coat of primer to the walls.
- The reasons primer is so important? The biggest reason is because it helps the paint adhere to the wall better. The paint will go on smoother, and the walls will look better when all is said and done. Plus, it can help when you are painting a wall that has already been painted before, especially if the old paint is a bright color and you are repainting with a color that is not as bright. Primer can also help decrease the chance that the paint will blister or peel.
- Invest in some canvas drop clothes. They are better than the plastic ones because they are more durable and they will absorb any paint that spills, which decreases the hazard of slipping when you are painting the room.
- For the parts of the wall that are out of reach, as well as the ceiling, get rollers with extension rods. This will help you save time and energy when it comes to climbing up and down a ladder, plus they are safer than a ladder.
- Instead of using the paint right out of the bucket, get a paint grid and attach it to the bucket. It makes getting the paint on your brush or roller easier, and it is also easier to clean up when you are done painting. Residential painting contractors like us find paint grids easy to use and far less messy than trays or other tools like that.
- While it might seem more time consuming, make sure you take the time to do the cutting first and then painting within those lines. That will help ensure that the paint goes on evenly and that you don’t miss any spots.
Would you like more information about residential painting contractors in Woodbury? Call Durapro Painting at 612-442-2177 or contact us for a Free Estimate.
When it comes to painting your home, it’s important to remember that you can’t hire just anyone. You need to do some research to make sure you hire the best company for the job. And even then, there are still several questions you need to ask any painting contractors you are thinking of hiring. As painting contractors in the Twin Cities, we have fielded a lot of different questions over the years. Here are a few examples of the ones we hear the most often, as well as a few tips on what to look for when choosing a painting company to work on your home.
- How long will the job take? The answer to this mostly depends on the scope of your project. One or two smaller rooms in your home will only take our painting contractors a few hours at the most. But if you hire our painting contractors to paint your home’s entire exterior, then the project could take a few days.
- Will you clean and prime the walls before you paint them? Will you patch them too? Yes. Depending on the state of your walls, we will patch any holes as needed, and we always put on a coat of primer before we begin painting. We find that primer helps the color adhere to the wall better, and it also helps the true color of the paint come through.
- Do you clean up the job site after you are done? Yes, we will always clean up after ourselves when we are done working, even if we are coming back the next day to finish or complete your painting project.
- Do you have references or a portfolio? Yes, we can provide references upon request, and you can view a gallery of other jobs we have completed. The gallery is on our website, and you can browse pictures of interiors and exteriors that we have painted in the past.
- What sets your painting contractors apart from the competition? The biggest aspect of our painting services that sets us apart from everyone else is our attention to detail. We do not cut corners, and we will never rush through our work just to get the job done to move onto the next. Every job we take on, no matter how big or how small, gets the same amount of attention and care.
Would you like to learn more about our painting contractors in the Twin Cities? Call Durapro Painting at 612-442-2177 or get a Free Estimate.
When you hire us for our commercial painting services in Eagan, you might have a few questions about what we do and how we do it. So we have prepared a list of the most frequently asked questions we hear and our usual answers. And if you don’t see your question on this list, feel free to give us a call to ask!
Q: I need to get my business repainted, but I’m still not sure if I should do it myself or hire commercial painting services. Why should I hire professional painters?
A: A company that specializes in commercial painting, like Durapro, knows exactly what to do to get the job done quickly but thoroughly. All of our painters are well trained in how to handle commercial painting jobs of all sizes, and they have all of the equipment and tools they need to do the job. If you tried to do this yourself, you would also need to buy the correct brushes and rollers, plus floor and furniture coverings, not to mention the paint. But Durapro already has all of these tools and more.
Q: I just hired your commercial painting service. Is there anything I should do to prepare for your visit?
A: When we come to your business, we will lay down floor coverings, and we will also be sure to cover any items that are left in the room where we are working. But if you have any fragile items, you should move those out of the room before we get there. We will take great care with all of your furniture and other items, but moving fragile and breakable items yourself can give you peace of mind.
Q: Why should I hire your commercial painting service over the competition?
A: As we mentioned, our commercial painting crew is fully trained on how to tackle painting jobs of all sizes. Not only that, we do everything we can to ensure your normal business routines are not interrupted when we are in there painting and doing our work. Plus, we will primer and patch the walls before we begin to paint them, and we will apply as many coats as the wall needs to look good.
These are just a few of the questions we hear the most. Give us a call if you have any others!
Do you want more information on our commercial painting services in Eagan? Call Durapro Painting at 612-442-2177 or you can contact us to schedule your Free Estimate.
When you are having your home’s interior painted, choosing the right color is imperative. Color sets a room’s tone and mood, and you can encourage people to feel certain emotions depending on the color you choose. As professional painters in Roseville, we help homeowners like you with their painting projects, and we have learned a few things about color over the years. Here is a brief rundown of the most common colors we use and how they can influence your mood.
Think of the color yellow. What does it bring to mind? Sunshine, the outdoors, brightness and optimism are all things associated with this cheerful color. Our professional painters use this color a lot in common areas of a home, like kitchens and living rooms. A muted yellow color is still cheerful but more soothing than a brighter shade of yellow. A pale yellow can make a smaller room feel larger. Yellow comes in a huge variety of shades, so it is easy to find the perfect shade to set the tone you want.
Green tends to bring to mind the great outdoors. It promotes feelings of relaxation and comfort, and it can also bring about feelings of growth and renewal. Like yellow, it comes in a huge selection of different shades. You can choose a light green to give your bathroom a crisp and clean look, or you can choose a slightly darker shade for your living room.
Blue is an excellent choice for bedrooms, and our professional painters use this color frequently for living rooms. It works well in rooms where you want to promote feelings of relaxation. Plus, blue is a classic paint color. You can combine blue with green for a calming effect or with yellow for a more energetic effect.
A more neutral shade, brown can promote relaxation as well. It brings to mind the outdoors and nature, and you can use different colors to highlight and accent any shade of brown you can choose. So you might have our professional painters paint the wall a shade of light brown and then you can use different brightly colored decorations to make the room pop.
We hope you learned a few things about color and how it can enhance your home’s decor and the mood you want to set!
Are you interested in learning more about our professional painters in Roseville? Call Durapro Painting at 612-442-2177 or you can contact us to schedule your Free Estimate.