A fresh coat of paint can brighten up any room in the home. But picking the best colors for each individual room is a big decision. If you’re having trouble finding the right hue or how to match each hue, play it safe by choosing popular shades favored by both designers and the majority of homeowners alike. As the trusted painting company for Apple Valley for the surrounding areas, we have put together some of the most popular colors for each room in the home. And, when you’re ready to start your exciting home painting project, give us a call at Durapro Painting and we can provide the professional painting results you’re looking for.
Since kitchens tend to be one of the busiest areas in a home, it’s wise to pick a calming color such as white, grey or ivory for your walls. Hues like these will instantly brighten up your kitchen and it’ll be easy to add in pops of color here and there. Grey for example, is the new neutral, working wonders in kitchens and ever-growing in popularity. Some of the popular accent colors for kitchens include:
If you prefer a more fun and interesting color palette right off the bat, consider yellow or blue. Energizing and eye-catching, these work well on the walls and trim or on the cabinets.
Red is another great color for the kitchen that’s said to stimulate the appetite. But be careful with this color as it can overpower the room and make it feel too dark.
Bathrooms are very personal spaces so it is important to find a color that works best for you. Some popular bathroom colors include:
- White – a clean, crisp white bathroom is the ultimate in classic bathroom style. And, if a bright, sharp white feels a little too intense for you, try a creamy white.
- Soft grey – a great way to keep things neutral while adding some edge.
- Soft, light blue – one can’t help but feel relaxed when you’re surrounded by a soft blue hue. Using light blue as your wall color in the bathroom can also create a very spa-like feeling.
The living roomis where everyone spends most of their time. It provides comfort and togetherness like no other room so it is a great idea to choose a color that supports that. Some popular paint colors for the living room include:
- Green – echoes the hues of the natural world and provides harmony.
- Blue – calming and goes well with neutrals in trim.
- Grey – elegant, grey suits modern and vintage décor alike.
And, these are just some of the most popular paint colors for the home. Whatever colors you choose, our professional painting company is here to help your home look its very best.