When you schedule an appointment with our painting company at your Bloomington home, you might be wondering what you can do to prepare for our visit. Here are a few things you can do to get ready for us.
- If we are painting any rooms in the interior of your home, move any valuable or heirlooms out of that room before we visit. We always take great care not to damage anything while we are at your house, but accidents can happen, so it is better to err on the side of caution.
- Take some time to remove any electronic devices and store them somewhere else so they are not inadvertently damaged.
- Move any furniture out of the rooms we will be painting in. You can also move them to the center of the room if that’s easier, and we can cover them with drop cloths so we don’t get any paint on them. If you need help moving furniture around, let us know and we can assist you with that. We like to have at least six feet or so between where your furniture is placed and the walls. That gives us enough room to do our work safely and efficiently.
- Remove any pictures or photos that are hanging on your walls and put them somewhere safe. You should also remove any drapes or window treatments as well. Again, if you need help with this, let us know and we are happy to assist you.
- If you have any pets or small children, make sure they are kept away from the rooms we are painting. This ensures their safety and also ensures that our painting company’s visit to your home goes smoothly. We also want to ensure that no pet hair ends up in the wet paint.
- If we are painting any closets, please clear them out before we arrive as well.
- Our painting company can also paint the exterior of your home, so if we are doing that for you, make sure any garden or landscaping decorations are moved away from the sides of your home. Remove any flags as well to ensure they don’t accidentally get paint on them.