We here at Durapro Painting have a five-step approach to preparing for exterior house painting in Apple Valley. We consider most of our exterior projects to be 70% preparation and 30% painting, and we take prep work very seriously because we know thorough preparation will ensure superior quality as well as a lasting paint job. Our preparation and attention to detail is what sets us apart from the rest. And, we’d like to provide a rundown of our process to help give you an idea of the quality of exterior house painting we provide.
- We start by preparing for your exterior house painting by ensuring all the dirt and mildew is washed off of your home’s exterior walls. We always want to start with a clean surface. This will help ensure that the paint goes on smoothly and evenly and that dirt doesn’t cause the paint to discolor or look dirty after it’s been applied.
- Next, we scrape and sand away any loose paint we find to be an issue on your home. This helps make sure that your exterior house painting job goes smoothly and the paint goes on evenly so that there aren’t any unsightly bumps in the paint when we’re finished. We also make sure that all gaps are caulked because that keeps water and air from seeping into your home after the exterior house painting process is complete.
- Then, it’s time to prime! Primer is an essential step in the exterior house painting process, as it ensures the correct color of your paint and helps ensure paint goes on smoothly and evenly. And, paint adheres to primer better so it won’t flake off as quickly as it would without the coat of primer beneath it.
- Finally, we paint! Most exterior house painting jobs take more than one day to complete, depending on the size of your home. At Durapro, we are extremely careful with their work and want to ensure you get the look you want for your home. After all, the exterior of your home is what most people see and is a reflection of how well it is maintained. And, the quality of your paint job not only improves curb appeal but can also benefit the value of your home as well.
- And, we stand by all of our paint jobs. Our warranty on our labor is a three year warranty compared to most other painting companies that only provide a one or two year warranty. We also adhere to manufacturer warranty, depending on what paint you choose.
Are you ready to learn more about exterior house painting for your Apple Valley home? Call Durapro Painting at 612-442-2177 or Request a Free Estimate.