With the end of 2017 quickly approaching, we want to take a moment to thank all our wonderful clients for their support. We are grateful to have served the Twin Cities metro area with our professional painting services this past year.
As the year winds down, we just want to thank each and every one of you for your patronage, whether as a new or returning customer. We hope you will trust us for all your future painting needs!
We wish each of you a merry Christmas and a happy and prosperous new year!
Winter is coming, so that means it is a great time to look into interior house painting projects. Maybe your living room could use some freshening up, or maybe you want to give your dining room or guest room a new look before visitors arrive this holiday season. As the choice company in interior house painting for Edina and the surrounding areas, we have put together some of the top trends in paint for 2018.
Relaxing Blue Hues
A huge trend this year will be calming shades of blue. Create a tech-free oasis, where you actually find a little relief from the constant flow of information to unplug and relax. Choose blue for the bedroom, study, sunroom and more.
How about black? 2018 is totally ready for this sleek, statement-making trend. Treat it as a neutral and use it to complement nearly any theme or color palette. It looks fantastic in the library or study for a unique, artistic look that offers instant charm and elegance.
Low VOC Paint
With a constant, ever-growing awareness of what we put in our home and in our bodies, low-VOC paint continues to grow in popularity. VOC stands for “volatile organic compounds.” In regards to paint, they are found in the solvent, which is what keeps the paint from drying when it is still in the can. When the paint is applied to walls or another surface, the VOCs evaporate into the air and the paint dries. Some VOCs can cause more damage than others, so it is important to try to limit the amount of VOCs that are dispersed into the air during an interior painting project. You could save you and your family a lot of potential health issues if you buy paint that has little to no VOCs. And, low-VOC paint is comparable in price.
Also, low VOC paint is great for winter interior painting projects when you can’t open a window to ventilate the room.
According to Sherwin-Williams, soft, washed pastels like mint greens and chic pinks will take on simple modern design in the coming year. And, this trend looks great in literally any room in the home!
Ready to implement one or a few of these trends with interior house painting for your Edina home? Call Durapro Painting at 612-442-2177 or you can contact us for a Free Estimate.
Are you ready to schedule an appointment with professional painters for your St Paul home? Congratulations! Other than being very excited, there are a few more things that will happen before the big day. As the trusted name in painting, the experts at Durapro Painting would like to provide a rundown of that to expect in the days leading up to your scheduled painting.
First, the fun part! Picking the right paint color. Here are a few things you can try when determining what color you want the inside or outside of your home painted:
- Consider lighting. For example, during the morning hours when the sun’s earliest rays light up the walls, the paint might look brighter than in the evening. Natural light can also make the paint look like it is a different color than artificial light.
- The best way to figure out what the paint will look like is by painting a moveable and repositionable surface. The paint that you use for this test should be the same paint you want your professional painters to use.
Next, if our professional painters are painting any rooms in the interior of your home, move any valuables out of that room before we visit. Our professional painters always take great care not to damage anything while we are at your house, but accidents can happen, so it is better to err on the side of caution.
Remove any pictures or photos that are hanging up and put them somewhere safe. You should also remove any drapes or window treatments as well. Again, if you need help with this, let us know and we will most definitely assist you. Also, remove any electronic devices and store them somewhere else so they are not inadvertently damaged.
It is also important that furniture is moved out of the rooms we will be painting in. They can also be move to the center of the room if that’s easier, and we can cover them with drop cloths so we don’t get any paint on them. Our professional painters can handle all this for you as well as put down protective coverings to ensure your home’s interior is not damaged by paint.
If you have any pets or small children, it is important they are kept away from the rooms our professional painters are painting in. This ensures their safety and also ensures that our visit to your home goes smoothly. We also want to ensure that no pet hair ends up in the wet paint.
Do you want to learn more about our professional painters in St Paul and the surrounding areas? Call Durapro Painting at 612-442-2177, or you can contact us and get a Free Estimate.
Late summer is one of the classic exterior painting months. With temperatures warm, paint cures at its proper rate. But, how late can you push your exterior house painting? And, what are some benefits to painting this time of year? As the trusted painting company for Roseville and surrounding areas, we’d like to discuss some of the benefits of exterior house painting, what our painting company can do for you and why this is a great time of year to do it.
Summer provides the perfect temperatures to have your painting company come out for an exterior painting job. As autumn draws near, however, you may be wondering when this window closes. Improved paint technology allows you to push it, but in Northern states like Minnesota, it is recommended to stop around November or even earlier depending on temperatures. Surprisingly though, early fall can be one of the best seasons to paint because the difference between highs and lows is less than in other seasons.
Now through much of September, the weather is relatively warm, rain is scarce, and in general, it makes a weary task made less grinding with the inclusion of sun and warmth. Also, as growing season comes to a close, you will likely have less greenery and outdoor chores, offering another great reason to go with exterior painting now.
Paint should only applied to a dry surface. Your painting surface can become moist either by direct contact from rain or snow or by humidity in the air. After a hard rain, it is recommended to wait at least a full day before painting. As you may know, moisture can bring mold. Step one to prepare for exterior house painting is to make sure all of the dirt and mildew is washed off of your home’s exterior walls. Our painting company will generally hand wash or power wash or do a combination of both. We always want to start with a clean surface. This will help ensure that the paint goes on smoothly and evenly and that the dirt doesn’t cause the paint to discolor or look dirty after it’s been applied.
A professional painting company like ours knows the best conditions for your exterior painting. So, when you are ready to get started, give us a call and we can tell you all about our exterior painting services and get you on our end-of-summer or early fall painting schedule!
Interested in hiring our painting company for your Roseville home or business? Contact Durapro Painting today by calling 612-251-8637 or Request a Free Estimate.
We here at Durapro Painting have a five-step approach to preparing for exterior house painting in Apple Valley. We consider most of our exterior projects to be 70% preparation and 30% painting, and we take prep work very seriously because we know thorough preparation will ensure superior quality as well as a lasting paint job. Our preparation and attention to detail is what sets us apart from the rest. And, we’d like to provide a rundown of our process to help give you an idea of the quality of exterior house painting we provide.
- We start by preparing for your exterior house painting by ensuring all the dirt and mildew is washed off of your home’s exterior walls. We always want to start with a clean surface. This will help ensure that the paint goes on smoothly and evenly and that dirt doesn’t cause the paint to discolor or look dirty after it’s been applied.
- Next, we scrape and sand away any loose paint we find to be an issue on your home. This helps make sure that your exterior house painting job goes smoothly and the paint goes on evenly so that there aren’t any unsightly bumps in the paint when we’re finished. We also make sure that all gaps are caulked because that keeps water and air from seeping into your home after the exterior house painting process is complete.
- Then, it’s time to prime! Primer is an essential step in the exterior house painting process, as it ensures the correct color of your paint and helps ensure paint goes on smoothly and evenly. And, paint adheres to primer better so it won’t flake off as quickly as it would without the coat of primer beneath it.
- Finally, we paint! Most exterior house painting jobs take more than one day to complete, depending on the size of your home. At Durapro, we are extremely careful with their work and want to ensure you get the look you want for your home. After all, the exterior of your home is what most people see and is a reflection of how well it is maintained. And, the quality of your paint job not only improves curb appeal but can also benefit the value of your home as well.
- And, we stand by all of our paint jobs. Our warranty on our labor is a three year warranty compared to most other painting companies that only provide a one or two year warranty. We also adhere to manufacturer warranty, depending on what paint you choose.
Are you ready to learn more about exterior house painting for your Apple Valley home? Call Durapro Painting at 612-442-2177 or Request a Free Estimate.