Painting a room can be a daunting task, especially if you’ve never done it before. As residential painting contractors in Woodbury, we understand just how big of a task it can be. While we recommend using contractors like us any time you want to paint a room in your home or your home’s exterior, we thought we would share some of our best painting tips with you anyway.
- The biggest lesson we have learned over the years as residential painting contractors is the importance of preparing the surface for paint. This includes patching any holes, replacing any drywall that needs it and making sure to apply a coat of primer to the walls.
- The reasons primer is so important? The biggest reason is because it helps the paint adhere to the wall better. The paint will go on smoother, and the walls will look better when all is said and done. Plus, it can help when you are painting a wall that has already been painted before, especially if the old paint is a bright color and you are repainting with a color that is not as bright. Primer can also help decrease the chance that the paint will blister or peel.
- Invest in some canvas drop clothes. They are better than the plastic ones because they are more durable and they will absorb any paint that spills, which decreases the hazard of slipping when you are painting the room.
- For the parts of the wall that are out of reach, as well as the ceiling, get rollers with extension rods. This will help you save time and energy when it comes to climbing up and down a ladder, plus they are safer than a ladder.
- Instead of using the paint right out of the bucket, get a paint grid and attach it to the bucket. It makes getting the paint on your brush or roller easier, and it is also easier to clean up when you are done painting. Residential painting contractors like us find paint grids easy to use and far less messy than trays or other tools like that.
- While it might seem more time consuming, make sure you take the time to do the cutting first and then painting within those lines. That will help ensure that the paint goes on evenly and that you don’t miss any spots.
Would you like more information about residential painting contractors in Woodbury? Call Durapro Painting at 612-442-2177 or contact us for a Free Estimate.